Tuesday 13 December 2011

Tutorial : Snowman Cookies

Before I start talking about snowman(s), here's two pictures of my phone!
 It's wearing bandages (plastic surgery) because it's sick! Physically sick.
I changed the screen protector, and the person who helped me do it didn't put it up properly. It was jutting out at the edge, which causes it to open up easily when I place it in my pocket. It looks super ugly and is a bit annoying sometimes. So I decided to tape on some adorable matching blue panda tape! Don't they look adorable? Even the panda ghost looks adorable! Moving on.

What are snowmen made of?
 A little bit of unsalted butter, a little bit of sugar.. 1 cup of each to be exact.
An egg and a couple more yummy goodness :
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
Mix them all together till they magically becomes dough, place them in a plastic wrap and chill in the fridge. Keep it in the fridge for about 2hours or more. I had mine in the fridge for a whole day because I wasn't free then. Just in case you'd like to know, the above is the recipe for regular sugar cookies! We'll be using this to make Snowman Cookies! While waiting for the dough, you could start on making the icing.
 All you need are :
4 tbsp meringue powder
1/2 cup water
7 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp vegetable shortening

Firstly, get a huge bowl. Then, beat the meringue powder and water together in the bowl till it seems white, fluffy and bubbly. It's also suppose to form peaks when you use a spoon to dip in and raise it up. Somewhat similar to soap bubbles in a bathtub! If you have an electronic beater, you could use that too. I don't have it, so I had a little help from my maid - She's awesome. Once you're done, add the other ingredients and mix them together. They'll have a thick consistency. Lift your spoon up and the icing should fall back in slowly (up to your liking actually). If it falls in too fast then you'd like it to, add some more icing sugar. It it's too thick (falls back slowly) add some water - this is suitable for flooding. When you're done, get a couple of people with nothing to do, like them :
 I got my sister and my maid to help out! We're mixing all sort of colours with the icing in separate bags.
 Pink!
 Blue!
 Halfway mixing purple.

All the bag of coloured icing. Colourful eh? We mixed "Egg Yellow" and "Blue" to form the green colour above. The fun begins after you mould and cut your dough into different shapes (Circles of 2 sizes, squares and rectangles). Let the decorating begin!
Sister at work
 
Pieces of Snowman Cookies
 My first Snowman Cookie is done! Simple.
 My other Snowman Cookie. I love this one the best! The scarf is my favorite!
 Sister's bikini snowman.
 That Snowman Cookie is wearing a dress. Decorated by the sister.

 The scariest snowman ever made. This is done by our maid.
 My heart snowman!
 My baby snowman with a bow tie!

Maid at work.
 
 You could play mix & match with these Snowman Cookies. I made a spider snowman! I love his scarf and hat!
 Baby Snowman Cookie got shocked!
 Yummy yummy. I ate the snowman's head for supper. That is all for today's post! Thanks for reading! Have a very snowman-ish Christmas everybody! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment