Tuesday 9 July 2013

KL Towerthon 2013

Hey everyone! Here's a little something from May 2013!
Following up from my very first marathon : Neon Run 2012 , comes the Towerthon 2013!

I never really bothered going for even the simplest form of any exercise since Neon Run. Then again, I never even exercise or trained FOR Neon Run in the first place. Towerthon never came in mind at all till this guy dragged me along.
A photo after both our Towerthon.

It was my first time having this adorably odd device on my shoe. (It's still on my shoe now - 09/07/13)
I find it amazing that this tiny flat piece of thing could help track how fast I ran. It records the time you pass the starting line, and when you pass the finishing line.
The guys ran before the girls did. A friend and I climed up the towerthon track earlier to take a shot of the people running down there.
Yeap. We're going up that thing... by stairs.
 *gulp* Because we are going up by stairs, no one was allowed to cut cue UNLESS one decides to stop. The stairs only had space for people to walk up two by two. If someone really can't take it anymore, they always have levels on each floor to rest. For Towerthon 2013, I only ever stopped once. I walked in the room at T-17 (if not mistaken), was pacing around (not wanting to sit down which will make me cool down fasters) and went back out when I realize what for I pace around here when it's similar to me when I keep going up the stairs. So without staying long, I was out and ready to continue.
Tadaa!! I manage to have a shot by the official KL Towerthon Photographer! 

We both were extremely happy to finish the Towerthon and get our medals. We decided to celebrate with the AWESOMELY FAMOUS BEEF NOODLES!
You got to try it out if you haven't. I preferred the dry noodles for the taste is stronger compared to the soup noodles.
Some photos to remind me of my Towerthon days in the far future.
My awesome medal.
Journeying with the Guinea.

And...
I...
am...
Superbly
OVERJOYED
when the results came out :
Among the women category that I joined, I was the no.69th girl who finished out of 452 people! With no training at all, but brain power to not give up and keep going. Oh yeah! I love my brain.

Right after Towerthon is done, I never exercise or train again. Undisciplined-self.
Oh well. I've signed up for Standard Chartered run too. Bib name : Winning Potato

Well, I guess that's all for today. Thanks for dropping by. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment