Monday 2 September 2013

Betty's Midwest Cook-a-like

Hello! Few weeks back (or maybe a month?), I went to Betty's Midwest for dinner.
It was my very first time, and my boyfriend was drooling over how yummy the 'Pigs In A Blanket' were. I came home thinking if I could actually make it. It didn't seem very hard, and I quite enjoy experimenting with food. And so, I tried making that along with the famous 'Dog Food'.

Here's what I did :
1) Dog Food
I put aside the chedar and mozerella to defrost while I fry the fries. I was hunting for cooking cream, but couldn't find any at home. So I didn't get to fully experiment on this dish. The one at Betty's had a more creamy texture to it. Anyways... I crumbled some cheese with the already cooked fries, mixed them up and crumble more cheese on top.
Then, I just baked it.
Mmmmm (: Yummy!
Wasn't as satisfying though. I think the gravy would play a big part to its yumminess. Shall experiment again real soon!

The 'Pigs In A Blanket' however, turned out extremely awesome! And it's soooooo simple to make!

2) Pigs In A Blanket
 Instead of regular cocktail sausages, I used cheesy cocktail sausages.
Grab some strips of bacon, wrap them around the cocktail sausages and put a little toothpick to hold them in place.
Fry it till it looks like cooked sausages crispy brown (especially the bacon).
Place them on top of kitchen tissue to absorb the excess oil.
They should look something like that.
Then, bring out your best honey! (different honey would give a different result).
Drizzle some honey on your marvelous creation.
And there you go! You're ready to munch!
If you're using cheesy cocktail sausages like I did, you'll find the sausage center soft while the bacon covered skin is crispy! The perfect match!

That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed it (:



No comments:

Post a Comment