Sunday 20 July 2014

Watercolour Pencils : Purplish Pink Girl

 Hello everyone! If you've been following my instagram, you've already seen this piece. In fact, you've probably seen most my pieces before they appear in my blog. Whoops!

Anyways, this is my first proper piece of work using watercolour colour pencils. I came across a similar picture on instagram once, and just thought to try it out. I can't remember which user it was from though. However, she did a much much better work than I (I believe she used watercolour itself rather than watercolour pencils.)
 I did the drawing with pencil first, and lighting it by dabbing the eraser. I tried painting the putple and blue and it looked kinda alien-like-creepy with the bright pink around the eyes.
It get's better though. Promise! Here's half her face.
 I started filling in the flowers and gave more colours to the face. Each time hoping it'll turn out prettier.
 I darkened the sides of the petals and blended them in with water.
 I made the upper lips purple and the bottom lips blue. Think they look alright.
  I quite like this half-faced photo.
The end result :

For more crafty journeys, follow :
Instagram @Craftysupermom
Facebook @BoxOfHobbies 

No comments:

Post a Comment